We're driving 20 hours to Dothan, Alabama and Panama City Beach, Florida. It's time for 10 days of southern living, beach loving, and family reunion-ing. Tonight, we made it to Memphis, Arkansas and are staying at an RV park. My thoughts on the day follow.
We know we’re getting closer to Alabama the more Mom’s southern accent intensifies.
And we might have the oldest RV in the RV park, according to her. We like to solidify our status by shoving mosquito candles in the ground around our 4 mismatched camp chairs and making pancakes because we forgot a grill…and most food.
Tonight I went out by the old Mississip’ and took some photos of the river boats all lit up, and the Mississippi bridge in its lit-up state as well. Absolutely beautiful. What’s not beautiful? The four mosquito bites on my toes. But who’s counting?
The drive was awful. Imagine the worst highways ever, paired with a vehicle that is 35 feet long, with the center of pivot at the front. I tried to take a nap in the back but was thrown around so much there was very little sleeping involved. I’m not sure why old people love RV’s so much. You’d think it would be worse for them. Things are a little more brittle.
We’ll play a little game called high/low. I’ll tell you the high of my day, and the low. If we were talking in person I’d expect you to respond in the same manner. But since this is me essentially talking to myself, I’ll go first.
High: Making my mom’s new miniature Chihuahua do the “Thriller” dance.
Low: Spilling a bottle of shampoo all over the carpet. It’s hard coming back from that one.
Now, I’m watching some Office episodes online that I missed. A great end to the day.
Adieu.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home