a

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Buttons.

Tonight I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
Right away I will tell you that it is the best film I have seen in a very, very long time.

It's perfectly romantic and filled with an unforgettable story line. I never felt that it was contrived, even with an unbelievable plot.

Sadly, it gives me unrealistic expectations about love.

I had a conversation in the car with my friend on the way home, and she said that no one is perfect, but she's found as close to perfect as she thinks she will get.

Is that how I should be thinking? I don't think she's settling, even though that's how it sounds.
Should I have such high hopes? Gah, this love business is annoying.

For now, stay amused with some Christmas photos.

You see, this is me, excited to be picking out the tree.

















Two pics of the tree all lit up and decorated -- not so bad for first timers, eh?
And I just liked this photo I took. :)
I am sort of depressed Christmas is over...blah.








2 Comments:

Blogger The Erik said...

I look forward to seeing that movie soon. And your comment on love reminded me of some advice I once gave to a friend. She had come out of a breakup and swore off relationships, she only wanted to have a series of flings from then on. I told her that was silly and she commented,"What's the point in relationships, they just end in heartbreak." To which I quickly replied,"Every relationship is doomed to fail, until you finally find the right one."
Man is flawed, imperfection is inevitable. We all must risk pain and suffering to find joy. And when you find her, tell her she owes me 5 bucks.
Love is a cruel mistress, Love Hurts, Love is a battlefield, and all you need is love.
And to end on a laugh... Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him.

January 6, 2009 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Tabatha said...

Haha, thanks Erik. I always look forward to your insight! :)

January 14, 2009 at 1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home