Joy
My favorite traditional Christmas song is "Oh Holy Night."
I'm going to share some of the lyrics with you.
Oh holy night!
The stars are brightly shining
It is the night of the dear savior's birth!
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till he appear'd and the soul felt it's worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn!
Fall on your knees
Oh hear the angel voices!
Oh night divine
Oh night when Christ was born
Oh night divine
Oh night divine
Aren't those lyrics just so powerful? "A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices..."
The weary world rejoices. God sent his son to save us. That's the good news! That's what we should be rejoicing in this Christmas season! Our life is possible because of Him!
And when someone belts, "Fall on your knees," I really want to at that point. That line gives me goosebumps, especially when it's sung loud and strong. It's one of the only songs that has made me weep at just the sound.
Oh, chills. Good ones.
That's the one event in history that I want to be present for. Maybe I would have been a wise man, or I'd settle for one of the animals in the stable. Or better yet, the manger. I could cradle Jesus Christ, upon his birth. What a beautiful job that would be.
This year, I find myself not caring about gifts for myself at all. I always have a wonderful time buying or making things for others, and do it with a cheerful heart, but this year it grew and grew. All I've wanted to do is show God's love! With a happy heart I give all my cash to those Salvation Army bell ringers--even when they look disgruntled! But I feel I could be doing more, and not just in a monetary way. I need to be sharing Jesus with everyone I meet. I try, and it can get overwhelming. Where do I start? How do I even begin to explain the glory of God's love? How?
I'm praying I will find out--I don't want anyone to waste a second not knowing the wonder of His love!
Merry Christmas, God loves you each day!
I'm going to share some of the lyrics with you.
Oh holy night!
The stars are brightly shining
It is the night of the dear savior's birth!
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till he appear'd and the soul felt it's worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn!
Fall on your knees
Oh hear the angel voices!
Oh night divine
Oh night when Christ was born
Oh night divine
Oh night divine
Aren't those lyrics just so powerful? "A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices..."
The weary world rejoices. God sent his son to save us. That's the good news! That's what we should be rejoicing in this Christmas season! Our life is possible because of Him!
And when someone belts, "Fall on your knees," I really want to at that point. That line gives me goosebumps, especially when it's sung loud and strong. It's one of the only songs that has made me weep at just the sound.
Oh, chills. Good ones.
That's the one event in history that I want to be present for. Maybe I would have been a wise man, or I'd settle for one of the animals in the stable. Or better yet, the manger. I could cradle Jesus Christ, upon his birth. What a beautiful job that would be.
This year, I find myself not caring about gifts for myself at all. I always have a wonderful time buying or making things for others, and do it with a cheerful heart, but this year it grew and grew. All I've wanted to do is show God's love! With a happy heart I give all my cash to those Salvation Army bell ringers--even when they look disgruntled! But I feel I could be doing more, and not just in a monetary way. I need to be sharing Jesus with everyone I meet. I try, and it can get overwhelming. Where do I start? How do I even begin to explain the glory of God's love? How?
I'm praying I will find out--I don't want anyone to waste a second not knowing the wonder of His love!
Merry Christmas, God loves you each day!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home